Title: Sample Coordinator
Location: Washington, D.C.
Salary: Competitive salary and benefits package based on qualifications; classified as full-time salaried; exempt and not eligible for overtime.
Reports to: Senior Product Developer & Director of Accessories
Travel: Occasional travel may be required
The Sample Coordinator is responsible for obtaining, organizing, and maintaining all Tuckernuck inventory samples. They will own the logistics for each inventory sample needed to support photoshoots, editorial requests, and social media content development. They will know where the sample inventory is at all times through consistent vendor communication and staying up to date on our inhouse fulfillment. The Sample Coordinator has a pulse on the expected delivery of every sample and works across departments; Buying, Creative, and Marketing, to ensure timely arrival of samples to execute key creative initiatives for the company.
- Manage and track all samples for all shoots by coordinating with vendors, buyers, and the production team
- Request samples, in accordance with stock timeline, from vendors for all content and studio shoots as well as manage the timely return of vendor samples
- Identify sample payment needs through communication with the buying team and accounting department.
- Place product orders from warehouse for studio shoots
- Receive all private label samples upon fit approval and communicate priorities based on delivery
- Receive samples for studio shoots and assist the Production Manager by dictating “Priority” samples
- Organize office inventory post-shoot for all private label samples
- Coordinate and compile shipments from vendors and warehouse for all marketing campaigns
- Provide sample ETAs, special photography callouts, and any changes the studio/buyers may not be aware of
- Collaborate with all buyers to ensure all photography requests and concerns are communicated to the studio team
- Attend Production and Content meetings 1-2 times weekly to collaborate with creative teams on sample needs
- Enter garment care and material breakdown into RetailOps at time of sample receiving
- Own and update internal PowerPoint presentations in a timely manner with studio photos and stock week/month changes
- Run Office on hand inventory reports at the end of each month
- Manage bulk Inventory Return from our photo studio at least twice a month
- Track the product life cycle from start to finish beginning with the sample outreach to the upload of product
- Passion for the Tuckernuck brand and interested in retail/ fashion
- Obsessed with details and constantly double checking
- Problem-solver with a proactive nature
- Flexible and adaptable with willingness to support other departments
- Outstanding communication and organizational skills
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Entrepreneurial spirit with a desire to learn every single day
- Energetic, kind, sincere, positive, and generally awesome
- Ability to build solid relationships with teammates and vendor partners
- Proficient in Excel and ability to learn new software platforms quickly
- Interest in data analytics to drive decisions
The successful candidate will also demonstrate the following core values that inspire the Tuckernuck team to make a difference.
- Teamwork Makes the Dream Work
- Start Strong & Finish Strong
Tuckernuck is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit. Tuckernuck policy prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race, color, religious creed, sex, gender identity, marital or veteran status, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information or characteristics (or those of a family member), sexual orientation, pregnancy, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local laws. It also prohibits discrimination based on a perception that anyone has any of those characteristics or is associated with a person who has or is perceived as having any of those characteristics. All such discrimination is unlawful.